Thursday, February 23, 2012

character development letter

Austin Johnson
Hope of forgiveness
Authors Note: this is a letter from cole mattews to peter Driscal  
Dear Peter Driscal

I am very sorry for what I did, I know what I did probably scarred you for life, you probably hate my guts.  But on this island I learned how to heal and change, I’ve learned to control my anger.
  When I first came to this island I was just thinking of myself and that I was better than anybody else. Then the spirit bear came along at first it just seemed like an annoyance.  But when all my escape attempts failed I got so angry. That I tried to kill the bear, then the bear mauled me which taught me that I wasn’t invincible and there will always be something stronger than me. Remember when you said I think Cole should get his smashed into the sidewalk back at the circle. Well I got worse than getting my head smashed I got mauled and left to rot for two days.
 In those two days I learned that life itself was a circle you get born you live life you die then your ashes help start a plants life.  Then going to the hospital I vowed never to lie again  and I am still true to my word, that spirit bear you thought to be a lie you saw it yourself.  Even adding on to that I knew I need to control my anger so you could see that I never am going to hurt you again.
My point about writing this letter is to show that I changed n the island and no longer let my anger control me.  I’m not even going to jail anymore but I still just you to forgive me. I know we will never be friends but let’s not be enemies ether.

No comments:

Post a Comment